Pembina County State’s Attorney is seeking to fill the position of Victim/Witness Coordinator- Legal Assistant. This position provides a wide range of support services to legal counsel in the County State’s Attorney’s office. Work is performed under the general direction of the State’s Attorney. Please view complete job description and required qualifications online on the Pembina County website before applying. Application can be found on the Pembina County website as well. Completed application and resume must be returned to Pembina County Auditor at email@example.com or Mailed to 301 Dakota Street W. #1 Cavalier, ND 58220. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Equal Employment Opportunity: The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act. Annual salary depends on experience and education, with a typical hiring range of $41,112- $57,828. The County offers a generous benefit package including but not limited to health, retirement, sick, and vacation.
Job Announcement - Victim/Witness Coordinator – Legal Assistant
Location: Cavalier, ND
Terms: Full-time / Non-Exempt
Salary Range: $41,112- $57,828/Year
Application Deadline: 09/15/2023
About the role: Under supervision of the State’s Attorney, is responsible for assisting law enforcement personnel, the State’s Attorney, and court personnel, in identifying and responding to the needs of crime victims and witnesses.
Primary Job Duties: Victim Witness Coordinator
1. Assist law enforcement personnel, the State’s Attorney’s office in identifying and responding to the needs of crime victims and witnesses.
2. Act as a liaison between the prosecuting attorney and victims and witnesses.
3. Inform victims and witnesses of their rights under the law.
4. Prepare grant application and submit reports to comply with the grant requirements.
5. Inform victims of criminal charges filed against a defendant and procedural steps involved in processing a criminal case, this includes notification of hearings, cancellation and final dispositions of a case.
6. Inform victims of a defendant’s bail, pretrial release conditions, and methods for enforcing the conditions.
7. Inform victims and witnesses of appropriate counseling, treatment or support for victims/witnesses. This may include but is not limited to rape crisis centers, crisis lines, social service agencies, and domestic violence programs.
8. Assist law enforcement with notification to victims and witnesses of a defendant’s release from custody.
9. Attend court proceedings with victims or on the behalf of the victim. Inform the victim(s) of the outcome of the proceedings.
10. Assist victims and witnesses with employer intercession and return of property. Inform victims/witnesses of their right to submit a victim impact statement to the Court, orientation to the courtroom surrounds, and maintain records.
Primary Job Responsibilities: Legal Assistant
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
How to Apply: Fill out the attached Pembina County Job Application and send that document as well as a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that applicants that do not send a Pembina County Job Application will not be considered for the position.
Equal Opportunity Employer:
The employing agency does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in employment or the provision of services, and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.