Frequently Asked Questions Directory

Can I get a temporary vehicle registration sticker at the Sheriff's Office?

Updated 07/25/2020

We no longer are able to issue temporary vehicle registration stickers. All registration cards now have them printed on the back to be filled out by the owner on an honor system that you have applied for new registration. Otherwise, the stickers have to be obtained from the North Dakota Department of Transportation.

New vehicles purchased at dealers will get stickers issued at the time of purchase from the dealer.