Pembina County Auditor/Treasurer’s office is seeking to hire a Clerk. Applicants must be able to communicate effectively with members of the public, handle multiple tasks, prioritize importance of work, and meet deadlines in a timely manner. Work involves operation of various software programs and standard office equipment, and includes providing reports, receipting funds, processing deeds for transfer and multiple tasks relating to other county departments. Must be detail oriented and possess a minimum two years of experience working with fine details and financial transactions. Complete job description is below; application is above. Salary DOE, full benefits package included. Please submit completed application and resume to Pembina County Auditor/Treasurer’s office by July 24th. EOE
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Work under the direction of the Auditor/Treasurer in providing reports, receipting funds and processing deeds for transfer. Handle cash on a daily basis with accuracy. Meet and assist the public on a daily basis in a courteous and pleasant manner.
● Review and prepare transfers of deeds timely and accurately
● Maintain property lists with complete and accurate descriptions and name changes
● Prepare and process foreclosure notices timely and accurately
● Balance special assessments on an annual basis
● Input all new special assessments accurately
● Assist in tax preparation, mailing and collections
● Assist in election preparation
● Provide assistance to Auditor/Treasure such as answering phone and taking messages, processing mailings, and all other duties as may be assigned.
Must be knowledgeable in working with a variety of office equipment (computer, calculator, copier, etc), be able to handle multiple tasks and prioritize importance of work.
Must be able to work daily from 8:00 AM – 4:30 PM with a ½ hour lunch break, five days a week. An occasional night meeting/training may be required.
Must maintain office confidentiality.
Must be physically able to lift up to 60 lbs., climb a ladder, and legally operate a motor vehicle.