On Sunday, July 15th 2012 the Pembina County Courthouse celebrated its 100 year Anniversary with an honorary program and open house. The afternoon began with a Color Guard Presentation by the Cavalier Air Force Station Color Guards. A welcome and Pledge of Allegiance was led by Pembina County Commissioner Chair, Andy Adamson. Two beautiful musical selections were provided by the talented Linda Werven, with Reverend Steve Daggett providing the Invocation and Benediction. Jeff Blanchard, representing the North Dakota Historical Society and Jim Benjaminson, representing the Pembina County Historical Society both spoke of this Historic Building.
Following the ceremony, the contents of the time capsule, which was a small copper box filled with mementos, which had been placed in the cornerstone of the building when it was being built in 1912, were displayed in the Farmer’s room. Cake, coffee and lemonade were served following the ceremony.
A suggestion box asking for ideas of items to be placed in a time capsule to be opened at the 200 year Anniversary Celebration of the Pembina County Courthouse was available to all who attended.
May this beautiful and majestic building be enjoyed and revered for generations to come.